Just a few questions for you about the Christmas story--fact or fiction? True or false?
1. There were three wise men. True? False? What do you think? What does scripture say?
2. The wise men were from the Orient. True or False?
3. The wise men brought their gifts to the manger. True or False?
4. Mary rode a donkey to Bethlehem. What do you think? What does scripture say?
5. The shepherd hesitated before heading to the manger. True? False? What was his reaction?
Some thoughts to think about...
- Do you think the stable where Mary and Joseph stayed, and Jesus was born was clean? Freshly "mucked out?"
- Do you know how far Mary and Joseph traveled to get to Bethlehem? How long a trip do you think it may have been?
- Do you know what frankincense and myrrh are and where they come from?
- What is a "heavenly host?"
As we celebrate the reason for the season, just how much do you know from scripture about the Christmas story?
Let me know what you discover!
Blessings and praises for you this Christmas!